Friday, November 04, 2005

Writing, Writing, Nothing Exciting

Nothing is really congealing at the moment, but that’s okay. I’m throwing a little bit of work into a lot of different stories. Ultimately, I think, if I keep this up, I will have a steady stream of finished stories. I’ll have too many almost-done stories not to.

Poor Roothi is a mess. It’s about as subtle as a marching band right now and clunky as hell. Still I tinker, waiting for the answer to rush up and jump right onto the screen with a splash that will spray little droplets of light all over myself and my keyboard. Patience.

Although NaNoWriMo is not exactly my cup of tea, it comes close to making me want to do something. This William C. Dietz article was closer to the mark, so I’m going to try to write a book over the course of a year. The tricky bit is the outline. I don’t work from outlines, but I see his point in doing so in a case like this. I’ve got a rough idea for the book, but I’m struggling with the outline. As soon as I have something, I’ll have at the book.

No comments: