Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Clarke And 62 And Noodles

Arthur C. Clarke died yesterday. He was a great man and a great writer, the only golden age science fiction writer whose work from the thirties and forties still holds up today. We need more people like him in the world.

Story 62 is off to the races. It's called Salting the Earth Around Me.

I've made big improvements since my hernia operation two weeks ago today. I can tell because I'm back on my normal diet of Ramen noodles and Mountain Dew. I usually drain off the broth and just eat the noodles after they’ve cooled a bit, but now I’m thinking of boiling my Ramen noodles in Mountain Dew. Save a step, you see?. The chicken flavoring might not go down well with that, but I could leave that out. I might leave the broth in as well, in that case.

No comments: