Sunday, March 01, 2009

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!


I'm on vacation this week and it will be like the song says except for all the fun stuff. It's a writing vacation. Wheeee! But seriously, this is the type of vacation I've wanted to take for years and haven't. I've taken a week off while everyone is in school and I plan to do a lot of writing. I'm shooting for about forty-five hours and that's probably more than I've ever done in a week, even including NaNoWriMo. It's not all actual writing, there's going to be an awful lot of revision, really. And I like revising a hell of a lot more than Mur Lafferty or Paolo Bacigalupi, I can tell you that. I'm finally going to have a draft of Process Five that I can show to first readers in a day or two. I'll probably take care of Fiction Crawler 6, do some work on my novel and who knows what else? It'll be a big nerdy good time. I'll celebrate on Saturday by seeing Watchmen with the former wife.

In Twitter news, I'm starting a question of the day. If you're on there and feel like answering, have at it. If you're not on there, get on there. You can find me on Twitter as upwithgravity. No, I am not disheartened by the fact that nobody answered my first question today. I posted it at an odd time and maybe it wasn't a very good question. These things take time to catch on.

3 comments:

Diane Severson said...

Hope your writing vacation is going well! Sorry I didn't reply to your first Question of the Day. I saw it, but I think I didn't have a good answer for you, but then I can't remember what the question was so...
Anyway, looking forward to new stories from you!

Church said...

QOTD is an interesting concept, but I usually see it when I'm still groggy.

Matthew Sanborn Smith said...

Thanks, Diane.

Church, I may post the QotD at different times on different days. The sun never sets on the Sofanaught empire. I got a lot more response posting it at 5:30 am then I got posting it at 2:00 am.