Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Nuts

Sometimes at my retail job, I'll buy a package of cashews and eat them throughout the day. Couple days ago, I remembered we sold walnuts. I like walnuts. I bought walnuts. And ate them throughout the day. After many mouthfuls, I considered that I had never eaten so many walnuts in one sitting. What if they were poisonous in more than a small quantity, like nutmeg is? Hmmm . . . I checked the bag for poison warnings and found none. But that should be common knowledge, right? If walnuts were killing people, you would have heard. I ate more walnuts.

Turns out walnuts are not poisonous. In fact, there are a surprising amount of health benefits associated with eating walnuts. From what I read, I'd go so far as to say they're one of those miracle foods you're always hearing about. In addition to all of that, they're also laxatives. I discovered this during a google search the third time I found myself sitting on the can that night. It was one of four times I sat there in the space of two hours. I was very happy it hit me only after I got home. But it really screwed up my night.

Food for thought. And other things.

No comments: