Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Brief Encounters With Magnetic Poetry


BRIEF ENCOUNTERS WITH MAGNETIC POETRY
by Matthew Sanborn Smith
(With thanks to John Aitken and his refrigerator)


Shake the drool from them peaches

#

The wind in me hair
the smell of the sea spray
and two sweaty men under me arms
Arrrrrrrr!

#

She's hot like some sweaty Panamanian dress

(I know what you're saying. You're saying, where the hell did he come up with the word Panamanian from a box of Magnetic Poetry? I did it thusly:
I turned a letter "d" upside down for the "P". Then I used the following tiles in order: "an", "a", "man" "I", and "an" again. So there.)


#

The summer sky roars and drips a wicked cocktail into my mouth by the cheek-full

#

Her heart murmurs love
like some café beat poet
that bleeds coffee
but the brilliant words
stagger in her mouth
every time she drinks in
his caramel eyes

#

Come woman
throbbing young sister
speak of vast eternity in your kiss
porcelain angel
warm streams of liquid desire
delicious fever
velvet embrace
wild blush
and breezy perfume breath

No comments: