Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New Years Resolution Update; Like You Care


Were you even aware that I had made a resolution? I mentioned it in this blog around the beginning of the year when I relayed the news that the story a day deal would probably grind to a halt (and I was spot on with that prediction). Anyway, my resolution was to complete a novel by the end of 2007 and an important part of that was to finish the first draft by the end of March. I’m currently about five-thousand words behind. My goal by the end of today was to be at fifty-two thousand words. At this moment I’m at about forty-seven thousand. I had a few bad weeks, but I gained a little ground over the past few days so I feel good.

I’d originally set the story about one hundred and eighty years in the future but the more I think about what I have, the more technological (and therefore societal) changes I think I have to make. I’m not sure what I was thinking at first but, I hadn’t accounted for quantum computers, a deeper sort of worldwide network, my belief that individual businesspeople are going to wrestle megacorporations to the ground through technology and so on and so forth. Well, It’s only mid- February. Let the overhauls begin.

No comments: