Monday, August 15, 2011

134, Mango And The Wisdom Of Rest

Hooray! Story 134 of The One-Thousand is finally out the door! That's the novella and it took two months. That only makes three stories for the year so far, which is stinky-pie, but I hope to concentrate more on short stories for the rest of the year, only giving the novel in progress about a page a day.

The latest episode of Beware the Hairy Mango has popped into existence and is eagerly awaiting your aural perusal. Easy as Cake! Listen here: http://bewarethehairymango.com/episode-84-easy-as-cake/

The original plan at this point was to write for a couple of hours even if was just freewriting, but I only slept about three hours last night and even getting an hour and a half more after work, I'm not at my best. Not that I couldn't do it, but since I have to get up in five hours, it's wiser to rest and be better for tomorrow. I always wanted to be one of those good people who wrote every day (fiction, I mean), but now I understand with work, family and life, it's okay to sacrifice a couple of days a week to the betterment of the other five. let me stop now before I spend more time not sleeping. Bye!

2 comments:

spaceVulture said...

When and where is the Novella going to be available for us Mangophiles?

Matthew Sanborn Smith said...

It's not something that Mango fans will necessarily dig because it's long and mostly not meant to be funny. I don't know when it will be available because I have to win the contest or if that doesn't happen, sell it to an editor. If you want to read it (you in the singular sense, spaceVulture), shoot me an e-mail at upwithgravity@gmail.com and I'll send it over to you. Bear in mind that if some editor does snap it up, the final product will probably look slightly different than what I have now, due to edits.