Friday, August 19, 2011

Conan

Saw the new Conan today. It was a good try, but not quite Conany enough for me. I don't feel like I wasted my money though. It wasn't as good as the first film but way the hell better then the second. Also, it was pretty gorey.

The former wife points out that Conan's childhood in this new movie is much more in line with Howard's character than the first one. She prefers this one to the original because of that and because it has a lot more action. She agrees that this one was way the hell better than the second.

At any rate, if you're a Conan fan, you're probably going to check it out anyway, so really, the only advice we can give to anyone is (even though we both liked Grace Jones), if you haven't seen the second one, don't ever do so.

5 comments:

Church said...

I honestly thought you attended a Conan O'Brien taping, until the end bit.

Paul Weimer said...

Hunh. The second one isn't a patch on the first but it does have a couple of good scenes in it.

Elke said...

The reviewers for the Movie Date podcast out of thetakeaway.org gave it such a thorough review that between them and you, I don't feel I missed the experience.

jesse willis said...

Matt, Wanted to remind you of yourt invite to the SFFaudio Podcast next weekend. Contact me by email, jessewillis@yahoo.com for exact time and details. :)

Matthew Sanborn Smith said...

Church, I'm more of a Craig Ferguson kind of guy. Don't tell me they're on at different times. I don't have a TV anyway.

Paul, I might agree with with you, except I won't sit through it again to find out.

Elke, although I thought it was okay, I definitely wouldn't tell anyone they have to see the new one.

Jesse, you got it.