Friday, August 12, 2011

I Suck At Blogging

I'm saying it for my sake because you already know. It's exactly like alcoholism. EXACTLY!

Anyway, I'm starting to burn out on the social networks, and I really should be here more. I'm not going to say I'll try to do better, because I've lied to you enough in the past. I've broken too many promises. I'm exactly like a deadbeat dad.

Right now, I'm working on finishing up the fifth draft of my novella. This is the draft where I try to fix the things that my beta readers complained about where I can see that they might have a point. There are plenty of things I don't agree with and you don't want to try to please everybody, or else you get a shitty story. I don't like shitty stories.

2 comments:

Elke said...

You take that back. Shall I tell you what you are exactly like since you are so badly confused on the point? You are like the pal in every circle who is extra busy and doesn't come out to every gathering or make it to a weekly event unless specifically asked and reminded. Just for instance, say, a mostly regular weekend brunch. One of the attendees forgets to check her email Friday nights and has to be called if she is to make it there Saturday morning. She's busy, she's overworked & stressed & underslept and truth be told rather disorganized and once she's made it all the way to Friday, she's likely to just crash. Does that mean we don't have breakfast with her? No, we call and remind her how much we like her company, and if she's not dashing off to her next activity, she comes out and has a good time and then we call her next week. You're Dorothy, and maybe the blame is on us for not calling you enough.

Ahem, the novella is in 5th draft? That's awesome! I'm not worried it will end up a shitty story. Go to.

Matthew Sanborn Smith said...

I'm suddenly in the mood for some toast with a slice of cantaloupe.