Friday, December 31, 2021

A Brief Rundown Of My 2021

I wrote about 115,000 words in 2021, around a third of my goal. I finished six stories and made thirty-six submissions. I sold two stories and a reprint, and had three stories published.
Of those 115,000 words, approximately 89,000 were for my Patreon patrons, whether it was for the forty-eight Mango episodes I wrote, the twenty-four flash fiction pieces, or the fifty or so Sunday Updates. My Patreon words added up to the equivalent of a shortish novel.

I’m very happy that my kids and I remained Covid-free in 2021. Precaution and luck. I accumulated nine more college credits. I got a little promotion at the library and was able to quit my part-time job in October, which brought to an end a misery-filled 33-year retail career. That was the best thing I did in 2021.

I’m disappointed overall. I always fall short of my big plans. Falling short doesn’t happen in a year, it happens moment to moment with every decision, and readers of my Sunday Updates can see my spotty productivity over the weeks. But the things I did do were all positive and I continued to move forward. Tomorrow, I’ll post my brief but unreasonable goals for 2022.

I hope we all have a great 2022. Onward and upward.

No comments: