Friday, January 23, 2009

Bookmania!

Doing Bookmania at the Blake Library in Stuart, Florida this weekend. That's a deal where about thirty different authors all converge on the library, talk about their books, we sell their books and they sign their books and everyone is happy. Tonight my boss told James Swain that when she started in the book biz a couple years back, an author came into the store and my boss sat her down to sign some books, then brought her two stacks of another author's book. Swain seemed to enjoy the story and had a couple of his own. Then my boss hands Swain a book and asks him to sign it for her. It was someone else's book. Apparently she thought she'd been talking to James Reese the whole time. Later, she almost walked up a third guy to apologize, who, to the best of my knowledge, had not written anything at all.

My boss reads this blog, so I don't want to mention her name (Camille), because she's probably plenty embarrassed as it is (Delgado), but it was a fun story, so I thought I'd relate it.

Also, Debbie Macomber gave me some lovely recipe cards.

No comments: